Monday, November 1, 2010

The Broons and Oor Wullie Annuals



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.


This is the first of November, and for weeks now the shops have been displaying Christmas items. Maybe we'll be seeing Easter items soon!

Anyhow, some of the best Christmas gifts I got as a child were The Broons and Oor Wullie annuals. In case you don't who they are, they are comic strip characters that are published every Sunday in one of the local newspapers in Glasgow, Scotland. Each year, at Christmas, they come out in an annual. Usually, one year it's The Broons annual that is published, and the following year it's Oor Wullie.

Now, they must have quite a following, for I purchased the annuals you can see in the photo above on Ebay. The seller lived in California. I think he was originally Scottish, however. I even got badges and key chains.



This Oor Wullie annual I purchased in Scotland. Got it on sale.

I'm thinking I should look for more of the The Broons and Oor Wullie on Ebay, now that Christmas is just around the corner.



"Help ma boab!", as Oor Wullie would say.

"Crivvens!", as Paw Broon would say.

Do you ever purchase annuals or books that you read as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.