Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who Writes Letters?



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas.


When was the last time you wrote a letter?


It's been so long for me, that I don't remember. Nowadays I e mail or text. I very rarely put pen to paper, never mind seal an envelope. I'm not sure that my brain can function properly using a pen! I seem to have more to say when I use my laptop.



It was lovely, years ago, receiving letters in the mail. I used to get lots from family and friends who all lived so faraway. I kept the stamps as most were very pretty, and some were actually works of art.



The letters I put in drawers, inside books, or anywhere I felt like stuffing them. I hated to throw them out especially the ones from people who were close to me.



I'm delighted whenever I come across a letter!



I find them in odd places - inside heavy, gigantic dictionaries, even inside old handbags. I tend to come across them when I'm looking for something else. I even have some that date back to the 1970's.



Have you saved old letters and post cards?