Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Signs of the Suburbs



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.


Here in the suburbs there are so many cars that look just like mine. They may be a different make of car, but they still look like mine. At least that's what it seems when I'm wandering around in a parking lot looking for my car. Where did I park it?
Hmm.

I came up with a solution. I got myself an Ecosse sticker sign and a Scottish flag sticker sign. How many people have these two stickers on their car?! Do you know what 'Ecosse' means in English! Can you guess? It's the name of a country.

Much as I enjoy driving, I also love to walk. I walk around the neighbourhood most days for about two miles. There's a teacher strike just now, and the parents are not at all happy.




You can tell by this sign how annoyed people are.

There's a sign that I pass basically every day when I'm out walking.



Every evening around seven p.m. a weather balloon appears high in the sky. I often wonder where it ends up!

There are other signs in the suburbs. One was waiting on me when I got back home. A sign that Autumn is still here. Still loads of leaves to remove!



At least we back on to the woods, so we can dump the leaves out there.



Things to ponder: What do you think of teachers going out on strike? Do you have lots of leaves still? How do you deal with removing them? What stickers do you have on your car?

2 comments:

  1. hi found you via the blog hop at BMB. Lovely photos. I guess you are in US, and the chipmunks are wild?
    All looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thank you for your comment. Glad you like my photos. Yes, chipmunks run wild around in our back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.