Friday, June 11, 2010

Bird Bath and Soliciting



Life is good in the land of the suburbs.

The plants are growing nicely, and the colours are vibrant. So far the deer haven't appeared to gobble up the hosta. So far the bunny rabbits have not gobbled up the impatiens. There's a lot more sun at the side of the house where we had the trees removed last year. Means the tomatoes should be happy campers. And, most importantly of all, so far the black snakes haven't appeared. Well, I personally haven't seen any. Guess they could be lurking around somewhere! They're harmless, but I still don't like them.



I love my bird bath! Every day my 'pet bird' flies by and takes a bath. He usually hangs out in the crabapple tree out front, or on the bushes. It's difficult, if not impossible, to take a photo of him when he's having his bath. I think he might be shy! Next to the bird bath is the lavender. He's doing exceptionally well this year, and has even created himself a baby.

I happened to see someone walk up the pathway to our front door, and immediately thought he could be one of those odd people who insist on trying to persuade you to attend their church. Things like that happen in the suburbs. But, instead all he did was hang an ad. for a local pizza place on the door knob. Such excitement! If I lived in New York, I would miss out on these suburban exquisite slices of life.

But, there's one problem with the pizza people, and all the other people who come by and leave ads. or flyers or free newspapers. What they leave behind are dead giveaways that you're out of town. You're really dependent on a kind neighbour picking them up and disposing of them. I'd just as soon have no solicitors wandering around my neighbourhood. If I want to attend a church, I will. I don't need to be persuaded. If I want to purchase a particular brand of pizza, I will. And, if I want a newspaper, well, I already subscribe to one.

What do you think of soliciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.