Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mr Whippy, Hot Dogs and Ice Cream



All photos and written works are copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.

I would love a nice yummy ice cream just now. It's hot and humid here in the suburbs. Not only that, this morning I mowed the grass out back, way out back next to the woods. I usually charge full steam ahead, stomping my feet as I go, making as much noise as possible, that way, any snakes lurking about will take off. I still haven't seen any this year as yet though. That's a nice suprise. Then, this afternoon, I decided to paint one of the bathrooms. All the bending, stretching, and cursing each time I splashed paint on the floor has made me really ready for something cold. But, how many calories are there in an ice cream?!



It's still nice to look at Mr. Whippy's ice cream and my polaroid manipulation of the Hot Dogs and Ice Cream sign. I took the Mr. Whippy photo in Edinburgh, on one of many trips back home. The Hot Dogs and Ice cream I made in South Carolina.

Gazing at these photos is a lovely break from all this yard work and decorating. Now I have to go give the bathroom a second coat of paint. And unless it rains I'll have to water the garden. Now that the bathroom is looking nice, I think the hall could do with a coat of paint. This is never-ending! And in a day or two I'll need to cut the grass out front. The bushes need to be trimmed as well.

So much activity here in the suburbs. It's exhausting. Maybe a teeny tiny ice cream topped with some nice red wine is in order? Then I'll imagine I'm sitting on the beach underneath the Hot Dogs and Ice Cream sign enjoying a Mr. Whippy ice cream cone. Sure, why not?!

How do you like to spend a hot summer day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.