Sunday, October 24, 2010

Submarine - tiny beds



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas.

I visited the Requin, a submarine, located on the Ohio River.


Couldn't wait to get out of it! Just too crammed and smelly for me. People actually worked and slept in it. They even shared a bed. One person would get up to work and another person would lie down and go to sleep on the same bunk bed. How narrow the beds are! How narrow the submarine is! There's hardly any room to walk about or jump up and down. How on earth did the sailors get any exercise? How did they manage to live together in such teeny tiny quarters?!

I used to have a Queen size bed and thought it was small. Got myself a King size bed now. I wouldn't be able to sleep on a narrow bunk bed, I don't think. I'd probably roll over and fall out! And,imagine sleeping so close to other people! Horrible. Add to that, imagine being below the water for weeks on end.

The kitchen is kind of tiny too. Food for around 80-100 people was cooked here. And I thought my own kitchen was small!



A submariner's life is definitely NOT the life for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.