Sunday, January 9, 2011

Who's Exercising?!



Did you make any New Year resolutions? One resolution that just about everybody makes is to lose weight. Well, actually, what they resolve to do is to eat less and exercise more. Idea is that by doing both, you should become thinner. Right?

Now, I like to walk. In fact, I love to walk. Swimming? Nope. I'm scared of the water. I'm doing well to gently slide down the steps of the pool, all the while hanging on like grim death to the railing. Then, I crouch down and hold on to the steps as I totter over to the wall. That's where I remain, all the while hoping that nobody can guess that I'm a great big scaredy cat. I'm even good at faking that I can swim. I hang on to the wall and kick my legs out. My legs can swim. It's just that my arms can't, not at the same time as my legs, that is. Sometimes, I'm really crafty and I crouch down and swim with my arms. Of course, my legs are still on the floor!

So, for me to lose weight, I stick mainly to walking. I usually attend exercise classes at the local gym two or three times a week. It's good to sweat, isn't it? Gets rid of all the impurities, including that third glass of wine you had last night!



Another way to lose weight, besides exercising, is to eat less. Gulp. Who loves chocolate? Who doesn't?! I guess I could eat just a couple of squares instead of the whole bloody bar.

The important thing is to burn calories. Doesn't matter how you do it. Doesn't chewing on food burn calories? Preparing a meal burns calories. Gazing at the food doesn't. Might as well gobble up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.