Saturday, January 15, 2011

Honey?



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.

Does anybody call you 'honey'? Who? Waitresses? Sales assistants? Your hubby, or loved one?

I don't think I want to be a honey, nor do I like to be called 'hon' or 'honey'. I hate it when salespeople address me as 'hon'. After all, I don't call them 'honey' or 'hon'. Nor do I call them jam, or butter, or cheese, nor any other food item. Why would I? And why would they take it upon themselves to call me or anybody else, a complete stranger, 'hon' or 'honey'? Is it supposed to be a compliment?! Why don't they call us 'strawberry jam', or 'cheddar cheese'? Might as well, for all the good it does.

I much prefer to eat honey. I got a gift from my son of two little bottles of honey. They came from someone who has her own bees and who infuses the honey with different flavours. I received a spicey one and a vanilla/lavendar one. Absolutely delicious! I feel quite regal as I pour the delicious nectar on my morning toast!



Next time I'm in Target or the local supermarket and someone calls me 'honey' I'll smile sweetly, knowing that I have my very own secret supply of special honey. And they don't. After all, everybody can be called 'honey', but not everybody can produce such delicious infused honey. And the person creating all this delight happens to live about half an hour away. As soon as my little bottles are finished up I'll drive over and get myself some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.