Friday, January 21, 2011

Turkeys in the Backyard




All photos and written works copyrighted. All rights reserved.

Our backyard is a very splendid affair. You never know what's going to wander in from the woods!

The other day it was turkeys who meandered in. Can't imagine what they wanted. Guess they were looking for food? What do they eat, anyway? Gosh, I never really thought about it before.



We've had several inches of snow. And the temperature is only in the teens. Now, if I were a huntery type of person I'd get myself a gun and shoot these poor turkeys. Cook them for dinner tonight! I bet you there are people who would do that.

I don't like guns and I don't think the public should have them. So, as long as these turkeys are in my backyard, they're safe.



But, who knows what will happen to them when they saunter off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.