Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Computer



All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.

My laptop died quite unceremoniously, quite quietly. After three and a half years it was finished, caput. Just like that. I'd had problems with it crashing before, and two days before the warranty was up, the hard drive crashed completely. I got a new one free in the mail about one and a half years ago. And here was I expecting it to last longer! Call me a naive optimist!

Disconcerted by the blank screen and having unsuccessfully attempted to reinstall Windows Vista I finally accepted that this was indeed the end. Boo hoo. If that wasn't enough the desktop computer was on its last legs. I was on the verge of remaining computerless!

After researching and researching and researching some more I finally chose to postpone purchasing a new laptop, and instead to buy a new desktop computer.




Out with the old! Unhook cables and other preposterous items that seem to be covered in dust. And in with the new. Heck, might as well upgrade the printer as well, one that is wireless and contains a scanner and copier. Yeah!

Now all I have to do is figure out how all this new equipment works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.