Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Family Biking on Hilton Head Island




All photos and written works copyrighted sstaas. All rights reserved.


What's the best part of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina?

Is it the weather? Is it the ice cream? Is it the Southern charm? Nope. It's the biking! Where else can you bike along the beach and throughout miles of beautiful trails?



The problem with where I live, in the suburbs, is that there are no sidewalks. You can't even walk without having to leap onto front yards anytime a car comes by. Bike trails? No sidewalks also means no bike trails. If that's not bad enough, it's hilly where I live. Not a pretty sight to see me huffing and puffing up hills, especially when I slither off the saddle to catch my breath! People pushing strollers certainly get a work-out as they stride up the hills and back down the other side.



Hilton Head Island, on the other hand, is family friendly. You can rent bikes of all sizes, including teeny tiny ones. You can also rent bikes with buggy thingys at the back, where toddlers can sit. Fancy a tandem? No problem. Prices are really reasonable too.



Just watch out for the alligators!!



Give me the beach and trails on Hilton Head Island any day! If you'd like more information about Hilton Head please check out my photo tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.