Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What Watering Can?

Everything is brand new here, including the Venetian blinds. It suddenly occurred to me one night quite late that perhaps people could see inside the windows even although the blinds are closed. Jings. Off I go, barefooted, and in night attire, to peek inside each window. 

Tip-toeing like some guilty burglar, I prowl and prance to see if I can spy anything inside the house. Just then somebody appears walking along the road. Where did he come from?! What to do? 

I pretend I'm really just out watering the geraniums and proceed to use a non-existing watering can. It is dark, after all, so nobody can really see me. Right? Wrong. The mysterious individual shines a bright flashlight on me. If that's not enough, two cars appear from nowhere, headlights fixated on me and my non-existing watering can.

Not wanting to get into any explanations I leap inside the house and lock the door.

BTW, I don't think anybody could see through the blinds, so that's good. Lol.