Monday, October 6, 2014

Signs that things are looking better?



I wrote a post a few years ago about the nearby village.  It's a really cute village, complete with large, expensive Victorian homes. I often wonder who lives in these gigantic homes. I think many times it's just a couple. Why they need so much space is a mystery. Even if their children are still living at home, the houses are still far too big. Some are as big as hotels!  

Anyhow, even the wealthy are not immune to the waxing and waning of the stock market. I guess. For a while there were lots of For Sale signs all over the village. Shopkeepers were bailing out, and even residents were moving away. Taxes are indeed high in this oh so special village and the cost of renting a store is exorbitant as well. 

Nowadays, there are some new entrepreneurs who have taken up shop in the stores that went out of business.  






Out walking the other day I noticed lots of interesting signs. Guess shopkeepers are just dying to get customers? No matter, I did like the funny little fellow in the photo above.




I wonder who this Fred is?  Do you know anyone called Fred? I wonder why everyone needs a Fred? 



Ha ha. At first I thought the price for all the items was $20. Wonder how many items are actually $20? 




Not too sure what the celebration is about, but I like the sign. Hope lots of people turned up.



Some truck is coming to the bookshop? Wonder if that's the same date as the celebration for the place above?



I should have signed up! We ladies must stick together.



This is a happy sign. I wonder if the balloons come already blown up? I don't mind blowing up a balloon, but I get scared if I burst it!  I really do.





Gollee. That's a HUGE cupcake!


I guess things are looking better in the nearby village. There are businesses in what were once empty stores. Not sure how many paying customers they get, however. The places that are always busy are the usual Starbucks and Bruegger's Bagels. People go there after browsing around the stores. The sidewalks are always busy as mothers stroll by with their children, as Middle School students run along yelling loudly. There are also lots of people out and about walking their dogs. Then, there are people like me who walk about taking photos and wonder about how the Village has changed.

No comments: