Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hail in the Spring



Just when we were all dreaming that winter had blown itself away faraway, and that spring was flowing gently by, images of buds and flowers caressed our smiling faces. We could feel the soft rain bringing life back to the garden.



Were we fooled! The temperature dropped back down to below freezing.



Hail, as big as golf balls, pelted down. I wondered what was going rat a tat tat on my car's roof as I drove home! Made it home and stared in disbelief at the grass covered in large hail.

Now they're saying on the weather forecast that temperatures will continue to be below normal for the next few days!



I thought I saw a white plastic bag on our front lawn and asked hubby to pick it up when he went out to check the mail.

"That wasn't a plastic bag. It's ice!" He grimaced, shuddering in the cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.